Is the business located in a primary residence (i.e. your home)?
THANK YOU FOR CREATING YOUR APPLICATION FOR A TOOELE COUNTY BUSINESS LICENSE ONLINE
Before you get started you will need the following:
- Check to see if your business name is already registered with the state by going here: https://secure.utah.gov/bes/
- If your business name is not registered with the state, you must register it first. If you will be selling tangible items, you need to obtain a Sales Tax Id. Both can be done by going here: https://corporations.utah.gov/
Food trucks and home bakeries require a fire inspection and a health permit.There will be an option to upload proof of these in the application.
- To set up your fire inspection, contact North Tooele Fire Department at 435-882-6730
- To obtain a health permit, contact Tooele County Health Department at 435-227-2440
- Look up your county parcel number for where your business is located here: Tooele County GIS
Depending on jurisdiction, there may be other data that is required.
LET'S GET STARTED!
In which jurisdiction is your business located?
PLEASE NOTE: You may proceed with the business license application, but if you have not already done so, please contact Rush Valley Town Council to obtain approval for your business. Proof of Town Council Approval is required prior to Tooele County issuing your Business License. There will be instructions for uploading the approval as you complete the application process.
Do you own the property at which the business is located?
PLEASE NOTE: You may proceed with the business license application, but as a renter, you must have permission from the property owner to conduct business in the home. The Property Owner Affidavit must be completed by the property owner/owners and signed in the presence of a notary. There will be instructions for uploading this form when you complete the application process.
Is the business a daycare?
Do people (customers, clients, vendors, etc.) come to the business?